Thank you, Conference Supporters!
Click here to view the brochure
Early Registration Rates Extended to May 14, 2021! Both Individual and Agency Rates are Available!
Home Care, Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care are Setting the Example and Leading the Way!
Join us for the South Carolina 2021 Leadership Summit for Home Health, Home Care, Hospice, and Palliative Care taking place June 8, 2021. We have an impressive line-up of speakers and we encourage all leaders to attend! The day will begin at 9:00am with a welcome from our President and CEO, Tim Rogers who will lead us into the opening general session “State and Federal Legislative & Policy Update." The day will conclude with the general session: "Home Risk Management: How to Prevent and Respond to Liabilities" presented by Robert W. Markette, Attorney for Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C. 9 breakout sessions for home care, home health, and hospice will round out this day of virtual education. 5.5 Nurse Contact Hours will be offered. All sessions will be recorded and available on-demand through August 8, 2021. Interested in becoming a supporter? Register here.
SC LEADERSHIP SUMMIT SESSIONS
9:00am-10:30am - General Session: State and Federal Legislative & Policy Update
Facilitated by: Tim Rogers, President and CEO – SCHCHA
Scott Levy, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs - Amedisys
Darby Anderson, Executive VP/Chief Development Officer - Addus Home Care
Julia Adams-Scheurich, VP of Government Relations & Public Policy – SCHCHA
Billy Routh, Lobbyist and Consultant - Copper Dome Strategies
Wanda Crotwell - The Southern Group
11:00am-12:00pm - Breakout Sessions
- A1: The Direct Care Workforce Crisis: Old Challenges, New Opportunities, Kezia Scales, PhD, Director of Policy Research - PHI National
- A2: How to Get More Referrals Without Violating the Law, Elizabeth Hogue, Esq. - Elizabeth E. Hogue, LLC
- A3: From Survival Mode to Thriving Mode, Bonnie C. Mello, RN, BSN, MSML, Director of Home Care Services - Roper St. Francis Healthcare
1:00pm-2:00pm - Breakout Sessions
- B1: Creating a Culture of Innovation, Patricia Drea, Senior Vice President - Axxess, and Sherry McGowan, co-owner - Visiting Angels of Crystal Lake and Barrington, Illinois and Madison, Wisconsin
- B2: Hospice and Home Health Payment Policy Updates from CMS, Brian Slater, Director; Kelly Vontran, Deputy Director; Amanda Barnes, Health Insurance Specialist, Chronic Care Policy Group; Susan Bauhaus, Nurse Consultant, Chronic Care Policy Group - Division of Home Health and Hospice, Center for Medicare, CMS
- B3: “We’ve Always Done it This Way” Just Doesn’t Work Anymore, Dorothy Wilson, Quality Director – St. Francis Hospital Home Care/Open Arms Hospice
2:15pm-3:15pm - Breakout Sessions
- C1: This is Us: At-Home Today and Tomorrow, Vicki Hoak, Executive Director – Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)
- C2: Emergency Preparedness: S.C. DHEC Panel Discussion, Representatives from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control; Facilitated by Shannon Pointer, MSN, RN, CHPN, Vice President of Hospice & Palliative Care - SCHCHA
- C3: Hospice Medical Director: Insights and Strategies for Success, Khai Nguyen, MD, MHS, HMDC, Medical Director - CHAP
3:30pm-4:30pm - General Session: Home Risk Management: How to Prevent and Respond to Liabilities
Robert W. Markette, Attorney - Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
Continuing Education: This Program Offers 5.5 Nurse Contact Hours.
The Association for Home and Hospice Care of North Carolina is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Speaker Biographies: Coming Soon!
|Early Registration Fees (By May 14)
|| SCHCHA Member
|*Agency Rate (10 attendees from same agency)
|Regular Registration Fees (Beginning May 15)
|*Agency Rate (10 attendees from same agency)
*Agency Rate Registrations may be made online by choosing "agency rate" as the registration option. Otherwise, please fill out the registration form on the back of the brochure, then mail, fax (see registration instructions below) or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For both online and mailed/emailed/faxed registrations, please be sure to include the names and email addresses of the 10 attendees from your agency.
Ways to Register! By Fax: Fax a copy of the registration form with the appropriate credit card information and signature to (919) 848-2355. Faxed registrations will not be processed without credit card information. By Mail: Mail registration form with payment to: SCHCHA, 3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 204, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27609. Registration forms will not be processed without payment. (Be sure and include the suite number!)
Registration and Access: Registrants will be provided with instructions on how to access and use the platform in advance of the conference. The registration fee covers one individual and one continuing education (CE) certificate. Unless you select the agency rate, multiple site participation from individuals within your agency will require separate registration. For example: if your agency has paid for 1 participating registration but 3 people from your agency would like to attend (and receive CE credit), your agency will need to pay a separate registration fee for all 3 participants. In addition, if your agency has sent in 1 registration but 3 people from your agency register through the Crowdcast link, your agency will be invoiced the registration fee for the additional 2 registrations. The handouts will be emailed to you to the email address you provide. Please feel free to provide an additional email address as a backup. Sessions will be accessible on demand until August 8, 2021.
Cancellation Policy: Please note that fees will be refunded, or invoices will be adjusted, only if written notice of cancellation is received by May 28, 2021. In the event of cancellation, SCHCHA will retain, or charge, 50% of the initial registration fee, per registrant, to cover administrative overhead. Once written cancellation is received, a SCHCHA staff member will review for approval. If your cancellation is approved, we will email back a signed and dated copy of the cancellation that your agency should retain on file in case of questions. While it is not permissible for several individuals to share a registration, SCHCHA will be happy to accept substitutions if notified of the change in writing.